Monday, December 1, 2008

U.S. Treasuries Reach Lowest Yields -- EVER!

Treasuries continue to be bought heavily, both by fearful investors and the U.S. government itself to fund its on-going rescue operations. I believe this is the biggest bubble in history, as yields continue to plunge, in some cases even going negative, as fear drives strategies around the world. I have been buying treasury futures also, but I don't buy them for the yields. I will hold them only as long as they continue to rise. Once a reversal or consolidation occurs, I'll exit. I watch my Exponential Moving Average meticulously, and I watch the Klinger Volume indicator for early signs that momentum is shifting to the sell side. So far, so good!


The fact that since record-keeping began, treasury yields have never before been this low, is a sign of how stridently negative the sentiment remains in the financial markets of the world.