Monday, March 31, 2008

Requests for My Help or Consultations!

I am receiving more and more requests from other traders who request my thoughts or suggestions on their personal trading. I am extremely gratified that other people value my opinion and would seek my advice. Unfortunately, I don't feel I can do this at this time-- with one quasi-exception that I will explain below -- for various reasons:

  1. There are simply too many requests for my time and ideas than I could possibly make the time for. I receive many requests each week for help with trading. Sometimes I receive several requests each day. For practical reasons, this would be impossible.
  2. My trading blog is one way that I can share the (limited) knowledge and expertise I have with other traders. In some cases, I may choose to address questions that I hear frequently by posting some ideas on my blog.
    The primary purpose of my blog is as the disclaimer says at the bottom. It is my personal trading journal containing my thoughts, methods, and trades. They are also my successes -- and occasional failures! I started this blog to replace the trading journal I kept on my PC. It keeps me accountable to myself for continued progress in my trading, and helps me to crystallize the things I have learned in a written record.
    If all this serves to help other people at the same time, then so much the better! But I take no responsibility for what others take from my blog, what they learn -- or for their mistakes!
  3. For legal reasons, I am reluctant to offer suggestions. I am unwilling to open myself to even the remote possibility of a lawsuit. By giving free personal (one-on-one) advice to other traders, there is the potential of opening myself to unlimited liability without any compensating reward. It simply doesn't make sense. Or should I say, "cents".
Exception
I frequently meet with other traders in my local area. I will get together for lunch or just to chat. I am also working to build an organization for futures traders in Utah who want to form a professional association for the advancement of the profession and for the improvement of futures professionals. I have a vision for futures professionals in my locality who meet frequently to exchange ideas, improve our skills and record-keeping, and to provide friendship and camaraderie. I am always eager to make acquaintance with fellow futures professionals in my local area for mutual benefit.