Friday, February 22, 2008

Soybeans Selling, Profit-Taking Begins


That was probably the shortest-lasting long-only decision in history. As you can see from this chart, soybean bullish exhaustion occurred just a few minutes following my last posting. I went short almost as soon as I sent the "send" button on my previous posting. As you can see from this chart, a head and shoulders top formed almost immediately, and prices only weakly set another new price high. Then, the bulls began to liquidate to take profits. This is evident from the heavy selling on the volume indicator that I have enclosed in a blue box at the bottom left of the chart. Volatility was still very good, and I shorted at the second shoulder for another profitable short trade.

I expect that more profit-taking will occur into the close, and then another bullish run will occur as people like me liquidate their short trades, causing another price spike before the closing bell for the week. I also anticipate a very high probability of a new closing high, as I indicated on my posting earlier today.