Friday, December 14, 2007

A rocket attack in sugar and cotton today, too!


This is today's sugar trade. This one is worth $190/contract, and has not yet closed. The smaller graphic below is cotton. I am awaiting a confirmation below the EMA. Klinger indicator shows waning momentum, but it can always go higher again.

Klinger works best with an existing trend, but is very good as a true leading indicator for finding a change in market sentiment. Note the red falling volume in the 1st subgraph beneath the pricing candlesticks. I have noticed that if prices don't fall with the Klinger indicator (I used other indicators, including MA's, to confirm this), then once the profit-takers have all exited, prices are likely to resume an upward trend. Therefore, I consider it better to tighten my stops, and let the market take me out, rather than simply exit.