Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Prices Continue Still Higher

I am only able to write about these trades because my trades are profitable and I am now managing them for maximum profit. If I were required to constantly monitor each tick, as I would if my trades were new and barely profitable, then I couldn't take the time to write about them.

In this chart, prices once again pushed firmly through the Bollinger Bands on the tick chart at right. Prices have continued to climb the moving average in a ladder-like fashion on the 3-minute chart (middle), and prices are approaching the Upper Bollinger Band on the 15-minute chart (left). I expect resistance at the Upper Bollinger Band, so I anticipate a pull-back soon. In fact, since prices are closing farther and farther below the Upper Bollinger Band on the 15-minute chart, and since the Klinger Volume indicator on the 15-minute chart is showing collapsing momentum, I wouldn't be surprised to see prices stagnate or perhaps even reverse. The Dow is currently up about 160 points for the day, and after such a sustained triple-digit rally, I don't expect a reversal -- at least not right away. Prices would be more likely to consolidate for a period of time before they would reverse and begin a new downward trend.