Saturday, December 8, 2007

Wednesday Trading

Wednesday was an average trading day. It was average in the sense that I have various trades, but nothing spectacular. It was NOT average in the sense that I took 8 trades. This is quite high; 4-6 trades are more typical. Pictured in the next few posts are the various trades I took. I haven't taken the time to mark entry and exit points due to lack of time. Tradestation does this for me, but I have to turn that feature off. I have turned it off for two reasons: 1) it makes the charts for difficult to see when its on, and 2) I tend to get too caught up in the profits/losses rather than concentrating on the indicators and prices (ie., they are a distraction). When I do that, emotions take over. It is easier to control my emotions when I turn that feature off.

For entry, I require the Klinger indicator to be moving in the same direction as prices, and it must also be above the trigger line (yellow) for a long position, and below the trigger line for a short position. Also, prices must have just crossed the EMA and at least one more MA (either the Hull MA or Guassian).

Due to the difficulties of blogging, I must post the trades in the opposite order from the way I placed them. It is difficult to do it this way, because it is counter-intuitive. I must post all the trades in reverse order so that when the blog is posted, they appear to the reader in proper sequential order.