Thursday, December 20, 2007

Two soybeans trades for the day


As a trader, I don't try to anticipate or position myself before the move begins. Remember what Bill Williams said, "...the Holy Grail is simply wanting what the market wants." Once I create in my mind a bias, I close my mind to what the markets wants, and that bias creates a greater likelihood of sabotaging my trading effectiveness because I want something that the the market doesn't. Thus, I make errors in judgment and bad trades! I give the market what it wants and strive to forget and nullify any biases. Go with the market flow!

Very few people enter a trade precisely at the top or bottom, and no one does it with any consistency. Far more lose money trying to do so.

I was able to make two very good trades today. One was excellent. I consider a trade that earns more than $400 per contract to be a good trade. About 50% of my trades net less than $100, so when a trade makes more than $200, it's a good one. If it nets more than $500, its a great one. Only about 2-3 trades a week net more than $700 per contract. But I have to be "in it", to "win it".

Today's trading is an example of why I like trading soybeans so much.