Friday, January 18, 2008

Another short trade


These trades are only good for $100-$200 per contract, but add up when they are summed up at the end of the day. They key is to watch both prices breaking through the Exponential Moving Average and the Klinger+ATR indicator, which usually gives a prescient hint at changing sentiment, as it did in this case. If the Klinger indicator changes color against my position before I have more than 5 ticks of profit, I immediately tighten my stop to the last high or low of the previous candle. I will exit if prices reverse through that high or low of the previous candle. Usually, I can break even. The other key to making consistent profits is Phantom's Rule %1:

Assume it is a bad trade until proven correct. Positions established must be reduced and removed until or unless the market proves the position correct!

In essence, this rule is saying that he who loses least, wins best!