Thursday, November 20, 2008

Transitioning To Longer-Term Trades

I am in the process of transitioning to longer-term trades. This may permit me to spend more time during the day studying markets and, yes, blogging. I am also considering the possibility of starting a futures brokerage with a fellow futures trader who is an experienced broker. He trades on fundamentals and I trade on technicals, so it could be a complimentary relationship, both for me professionally and our clients.

With longer-term trades, I will be able to take more positions in different commodities and futures, including the softs, oats and rough rice, livestock (meats), interest rate futures (Eurodollars, swaps, fed funds, Euroyen Tibor) etc. This will be a way of not only spending less time trading, but also spreading and diversifying my risk.