Monday, April 7, 2008

SELL! Grains Take a Tumble

Grains have taken a tumble across the board today. However, because world-wide grains stocks remain in very tight supply, I consider this to be an excellent opportunity to buy into the agricultural commodity boom at better prices. I fully expect buyers to emerge to drive price higher at some point. Softs are showing strong buying strength even in the face of grain selling today. Weather affecting the growing season in the Northern Hemisphere may be a driver for price rises later on. However, I am still shorting grains on days where appropriate -- like today. In some cases, I may short on a short-term basis with one broker while I am simultaneously maintaining a long position with a different broker on a longer-term basis.

Corn
Soybeans
Wheat